Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Cancer Care
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Registered Nurse I is a Registered Nurse who is a beginning professional caregiver, entering into practice and establishing a professional identity. The incumbent is responsible for the practice of nursing according to the Rules and Regulations defined in the State of Maine Nurse Practice Act, Northern Light Health Standards of Care/Practice, policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse I is responsible for the delivery of patient care to assigned patients, and for the supervision of other qualified staff to whom the Registered Nurse I has delegated patient care in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. The nurse plans and evaluates the nursing care for patients and families and exercises independent judgment in implementing care or assigning the care to other qualified staff. The nurse addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals. The incumbent performs duties and tasks in accordance with performance standards established for the job.
- Reports to work as scheduled - attendance, punctuality. (e.g., reliability).
- Acts as a role model for other employees within the department or organization.
- Adheres to EMHS professional appearance policy / dress code.
- Maintains and exhibits a professional, positive attitude towards co-workers, work, and organization.
- Demonstrates a commitment to co-workers, job duties, and organization (e.g., team player).
- Provides excellent customer service, both for internal and/or external customers.
- Responds to phone calls, voice mail messages, and emails in a timely manner.
- Adheres to "EMHS Code of Conduct" and follows all applicable compliance policies/regulations.
- Works safely and follows all safety policies; reports incidents or hazards immediately.
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively seeks out solutions.
- Seeks out ways to reduce operating costs or increase efficiency within role/department.
- Acts in a cost-conscious manner with regard to use of supplies.
- Supports and embraces change in job and organization.
- Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
- Continually develops skills and/or job knowledge.
- Participates in skills training opportunities available to him/her.
Competencies and skills:
* Acts Strategic: Creates effective plans that anticipate future consequences and opportunities and is able to connect the day to day operations to longer-term objectives, shifts in the industry, and system goals.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Degree
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status