The Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments (AVCOG) which serves communities located in Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties is seeking a Transportation Planner. This position is located in Auburn and will provide transportation planning services primarily to the Lewiston/Auburn area for the Androscoggin Transportation Resource Center (ATRC).
Responsibilities include: Providing technical assistance on highway and public transportation projects; report writing and presentation; evaluation of area specific transportation issues and development of solutions; development and review of transportation planning studies; traffic data collection; assisting with the annual development of the Transportation Improvement Plan, prioritizing projects for both Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds; long range transportation planning and performance monitoring. Extensive use of personal computers, computer databases, Microsoft applications and ESRI GIS software required. Regular communications with municipal staff and officials, MaineDOT staff, and FHWA staff is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, civil engineering or related field;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently;
• Ability to manage one’s own time and work in a team environment;
• Ability to participate, and lead, meetings – both virtual and in-person, including workday and evening meetings;
• Valid Maine driver’s license and a reliable motor vehicle;
• Detail oriented.
Additional desirable skills/qualifications:
• Traffic planning and/or engineering experience;
• Bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure planning and/or design;
• Familiarity with municipal or regional planning;
• Website mapping, management, and/or HTML experience;
• Transportation planning grant writing.
AVCOG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Applicants should submit their resume, minimum salary requirements and three professional references LBonney@avcog.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments
Attention: Lisa Bonney
125 Manley Road
Auburn, ME 04210
Equal Opportunity Employer