Northern Light Pharmacy
Department: Retail Pharmacy - Fore River
Position is located: Mercy Fore River
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Current employees of any Northern Light Member Organizations or those with service break less than one year are not eligible for sign-on bonus
The delivery drive position facilitates the transportation of prescriptions and other products to Miller Drug patients and customers. Miller Drug drivers' provide service to residential, group home and assisted living facilities. The driver is responsible for the delivery to make sure prescriptions are delivered, safely, timely and in a friendly manner.
- Completes deliveries with appropriate times and accurately
- Maintains and protects company property including vehicles, prescriptions and cash bags
- Sorting medication for delivery (requires technician license)
- Other technician duties as assigned (requires technician license)
- Demonstrates safe operation of vehicle, obeys traffic laws and wears seat belt while driving
- Lifts and moves are done utilizing correct material handling safety procedures
- Accurately maintains route and pick-up logs
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors via radio and demonstrates interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with co- workers
- Maintains standard for vehicle cleanliness
- Accurately completes vehicle inspection sheets and informs management of any deficiencies
- Lifts and moves are done utilizing proper lifting techniques
- Provides quality customer service and is a great ambassador for Miller Drug and Affiliated Healthcare Systems
- Maintains strict confidentiality per HIPAA rules
- Follows dress code including maintaining a clean
- Assisting other departments with assistance including, moving, lifting and other needs
- Must be organized
- Must be able to handle driving long distance runs
- Knowledge of using GPS or maps to find locations
- Drive in all weather conditions including late at night
- Duties as assigned
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Commercial Equipment
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Pharmacy Technician
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status