The Cloud Security engineer builds, maintains, upgrades and continuously improves cloud networks, environments and systems. This role will be responsible for ensuring the secure function of various security tool sets and for the operations of secure cloud infrastructure, platforms and software supporting our secure payments platforms.
The successful applicant will possess a strong technical understanding of cloud infrastructure (preferably Azure) and demonstrable experience in supporting development and maintenance of enterprise cloud networks. In addition to this, the applicant should have exposure to markup languages and agile development methodologies.
- Reporting to Cyber Security Team Lead.
- Working with Platform Engineers, Infrastructure, DevOps and other IT stakeholders.
- External Relationships.
- Industry thought leaders.
- Vendor stakeholders.
- Work closely with Enterprise IT and Cloud Services teams on securing eNett’s infrastructure and applications in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures to protect the enterprise’s cloud environment and resources.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure platforms and services.
- Regularly review configurations and develop improvement plans for cloud security platforms and services.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security findings.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Actively improves the overall security posture and brand within the organisation
- Be a vocal member in the Security and Architecture committees.
- Actively contribute to a culture where customer outcomes are at the heart of our business and living our values.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers and people.
- Strong Cybersecurity Experience.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, microservices and serverless architectures.
- Strong scripting knowledge (preferably Powershell or JSON).
- Experience with automation and orchestration (Terraform, Chef).
- Strong Cloud Platform understanding.
- Data Security Experience in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience with cloud resource and workload protection techniques.
- Experience with cloud network intrusion prevention techniques.
- Log aggregation and Anomaly detection techniques.
What We’d Like in You
- 3 - 5 years Cloud Security Engineering experience.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Security.
- Strong scripting knowledge (preferably Terraform, Chef, Powershell or JSON).
- Understanding of PCI-DSS, SOX and other financial compliance programmes.
- Knowledge of good security architecture practices and principles.
- Experienced in cloud resource configuration and maintenance.
- Some level of security certifications preferred - CEH, CCSP, CISSP
- Microsoft Azure Certifications (not essential but beneficial)
- Preferably possesses a Bachelor of Computer Science or Information Technology (technical)