Schedule: Regular Full-time
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads assigned complex and oftensensitive facility projects ranging in cost up to $5 million from inception toconclusion, gathering and coordinating the use of appropriate resources. Ensuresproject progress according to established timelines, influencing efforts ofteam members, and involving additional resources and team members asappropriate to ensure project success.Works with project sponsors to develop, track, and manage the efforts ofproject teams. Provides constant andconcise communication about project performance and barriers to projectsponsors, leadership, and others asappropriate. Maintains oversight of project budgets, working collaborativelywith the Facilities Capital Project Analyst.Ensures integrity of project scope and escalates issues beyond projectscope as appropriate, often with recommended solutions. Coordinates planning and design with outside consultants.
1.Leads facility projects that can involve long timeframes and/or multiple locations,and may require political acumen.
2.Acts independently to bring projects in on-time and on-budget.
3.Creates project plans and assembles project teams and other resources for assigned projects utilizing accepted project management methodology and internal processes to ensure project success.Evaluates available resources and makes recommendations for theinclusion of external resources as necessary to ensure project success.
4.Supervises and coordinates the efforts of numerous individuals in the project setting, including consultants, contractors, as well as in-house staff assigned to projects, ensuring compliance with EMHS policies.
5.Coordinate sefforts of project teams, ensuring that all members of each team are appropriately versed in the project management methodology as it applies to assigned tasks. Monitors efforts of teams,reporting results to the project executive sponsor.
6.Works with project sponsors, customers, and vendors to ensure proper alignment of efforts to effect the successful completion of project. Ensures alignment of project goals with EMHS strategic and tactical goals. Monitors project progress and makes adjustments to project plan as appropriate.Involves additional internal and external resources as appropriate toresolve issues arising from project activity.
7.Identifies issues beyond the scope of assigned projects and escalates concerns to appropriate level. Frequently presentssolutions to larger-scale issues as they become identified. May lead the resolution of issues escalated.
8.Coordinates all aspects of project planning, including facility master planning,feasibility studies, and evaluative/condition studies.
9.Manages the Design Phase process, from procurement of professional services through allphases of design, ensuring adherence to EMHS facility standards, as well asproject scope and budget parameters.
10. Ensures that allrequired local, state, and federal permits are procured as appropriate for eachproject.
11. Manages the Bid Phaseprocess, ensuring procurement methodology is object and transparent and alignedwith EMHS policy.
12. Manages theConstruction Phase process including pre-construction activities; coordinationof the work; ensuring appropriate internal permits are obtained (ICRA, ILSM,hot works, etc.); tracks project timeline against published schedules;coordinates the submittal process; conducts project meetings and ensuresaccurate minutes are kept; tracks project budget, including performance againstbudget, total amount committed/total left to spend, contingency, contractorinvoices and payments, and lien waivers, working closely with the FacilitiesCapital Project Analyst.
13. Manages theCommissioning, Transition to Operations, and Close-Out Phase includingdevelopment of a punch list, documentation and coordination of warranty items,training for maintenance and other staff members, receipt of O&M manualsand other documentation, receipt of comprehensive project record drawings,updating of BIM and Cad files as applicable, coordinating of certificationinspections, coordination of occupancy inspections and permits, and otherrequired items.
14. Assists in thedevelopment and maintenance of standard documents (contracts, specifications,templates, etc.) for the facilities planning group.
A)Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management, with 2-4 years in construction management; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
B)The ability to use a CAD software program such as AutoCad is preferred.
C)Demonstrated ability to influence others' actions and decisions without express authority,and to motivate a project team.
D)Demonstratedability to work well with diverse people, excellent human relation skills andcustomer service skills, with strong follow-up skills and the ability tointerpret underlying issues in responses received.
E)Abilityto guide projects through sensitive situations and gather executive andmanagerial support for difficult decisions.
F)Theability to apply creative thought to resolve problems.
G)Excellentoral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt both thecommunication style and content to suite the target audience(s).
H)Abilityto translate technical requirements into actionable steps for both technicaland non-technical team members.
I)Flexibleand able to react to ever changing priorities.
J)Abilityto read and interpret technical documents, specifications, contracts, rules,and regulations.
K)Broadknowledge of the major areas of construction, including civil, structural,architectural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
L)Experiencein healthcare construction, including interim life safety measures andinfection control risk assessments.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Healthcare | Management