Development Associate at the Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Associate position supports the Advancement Team. In addition to this position, the Advancement Team consists of the Development Director, Marketing & Communications Director, Development Manager, and the Marketing & Communications Associate. The Development Associate supports the organization’s ongoing fundraising efforts, including individual giving, corporate and foundation grants, sponsorships, and donor cultivation and fundraising events. The ideal candidate will have prior non-profit administration or fundraising experience; excellent communication skills and a team-oriented approach; and a working knowledge of CRM software, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Suite.
- Data entry and management using Altru, CMTM’s customer relationship management software (CRM) and Greater Giving, CMTM’s event management software, including extracting relevant donor reports;
- Generation and tracking of gift acknowledgment communications (print and digital);
- Support tracking and developing corporate and foundation sponsorship benefits;
- Assist with drafting, tracking, and submitting grants;
- Assist with annual appeals and annual reports;
- Assist in developing and executing cultivation, fundraising and media events;
- Other projects and assignments as they develop
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent experience;
- One to two years of relevant experience in development, nonprofit administration or business;
- Successful candidates will have excellent organizational, written and oral communications skills;
- Experience with grant writing recommended;
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with database entry, especially Blackbaud products, is a plus.
- Energized by the Museum & Theatre’s mission and values;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Team player with a strong capacity to work independently;
- Empathy, kindness, and commitment to creating a culture of belonging;
- Enthusiasm for new ideas, initiative, and a strong can-do attitude
This is a full-time, salaried position at $36,000 / yr plus a generous benefits package.
The Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine is an equal opportunity employer. We prioritize diversity amongst our team and leadership, and we strongly encourage people of all traditionally marginalized identities to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
We are committed to making our facilities and programs accessible and safe for all members of our community, staff, and volunteers. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website, building, and educational activities. Supervisors work collaboratively with employees to make accommodations and modifications to accommodate the employee’s needs, including physical changes, assistive technologies, accessible communications, and policy enhancements. In doing so, we adhere to the available standards and guidelines and, in many cases, go beyond the guidelines to uphold our philosophy that our staff should have a safe and welcoming work environment where they can learn and grow.
HOW TO APPLY
Each applicant is required to email a Museum & Theatre employment application, resume, and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Development Associate in your email heading.
CMTM Employment Application can be found at www.kitetails.org/work-with-us
The position is open until filled.