Hybrid Remote Work Flexibility
This position offers hybrid remote work flexibility, allowing for both time in the office and the ability to work remotely. Please note that we continue to conduct all interviews remotely. Beginning in September, we anticipate that onboarding and training for new employees will take place in the office.
Stone Coast Fund Services is an award-winning, steadily growing hedge fund administrator that’s found a better way in a better place. With a sole office in Portland, Maine, Stone Coast comprises over 200 hard-working and smart professionals who deliver administration services to over 100 hedge fund managers around the country with investors around the world. We hire carefully, treat people well, and are rewarded by exceedingly low turnover in an industry where high turnover is the norm.
Our mission, to “take pleasure in work done well, and in working well with others,” is an obligation to our clients, to their investors, to our communities and ultimately to our peers and ourselves. Fund administration, done well, requires carefully selecting smart, dedicated professionals and providing them with the resources, training and workplace culture that will engender their loyalty and bring out their best. To that end, we strive to develop and nurture relationships that are characterized by trust, respect and affection. We look for colleagues – and clients – who will share and reciprocate these values.
Our location is central to our mission. Stone Coast is in the heart of Portland’s Old Port waterfront, a picture-perfect tourist destination that we’re fortunate to call home. Our offices offer beautiful views of Portland Harbor and the islands of Casco Bay. From our front door, we can walk to award-winning restaurants, cafes, museums and shops. Living in Portland and surrounding areas offers excellent schools, minimal commutes and proximity to beaches, mountains and state parks.
As a member of the Fund Accounting team, this portfolio accounting position is a hybrid role fusing accounting and finance skills, and would be responsible for the following:
- Record and reconcile all portfolio and fund activity for assigned clients
- Calculate the fund’s net asset value (NAV) adhering to industry standards and internal procedures
- Allocate profit and loss to investors including the calculation of management and performance fees
- Process and record fund expense payments and ensure cash wire requests are completed accurately and timely
- Generate and deliver fund and investor reports to fund managers and investors of assigned clients
- Prepare and deliver supporting materials as necessary for board meetings, financial statements and audit and regulatory requests related to assigned clients
- Communicate with internal and external entities on fund accounting matters and assist in issue resolution
As always, we will train the right candidate for the role.
Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with the types of investments and strategies held by hedge funds
- Must be able to learn complicated concepts quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is essential, advanced Excel (formulas, pivot tables, and filtering) are a must.
- Demonstrates superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with portfolio and investor accounting systems, in particular Advent Geneva World Investor a plus
- Experience working in an environment with internal control procedures, operating procedures, workflows, control checklists, and other elements of an internal control system a plus
- Experience with financial reporting, information security and client, vendor, and risk management a plus
- Four-year college degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Economics. However, if you don't have a degree, but are otherwise qualified, please apply!
We seek high aptitude, intellectually curious candidates that enjoy working as part of a team, satisfying our clients and striving for the highest standards. The quality of our services derives solely from the quality of our people. Therefore, we seek smart, hard-working, ethical and friendly professionals – from recent college graduates to fund administration veterans.
Looking for something that requires more or different experience? Check out our job board at the link!
Inclusivity & Equal Employment Statement
At Stone Coast, we strive to reflect the community of which we are so grateful to be a part, and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, veteran status, and any other basis or status designated under applicable laws.
If you don’t see an opening for which you are qualified, but do have relevant industry experience, please feel encouraged to apply to our General Application at the Career Center at www.stone-coast.com . Our growth compels us to continuously search for talent, and we may be contemplating a position that fits your experience.