For a limited time MaineHealth is offering up to $20,000 for experienced Registered Nurses with greater than 3 years of experience!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time RN position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
This newly created leadership position is responsible for oversight of the daily operations working collaboratively with Nurse Leadership, and hospital bed placement resources, to coordinate patient flow at the unit level. They oversee unit staffing and create shift assignments for nurses and other unit staff. As a clinical resource, coach, and mentor to all clinical staff, this individual will lead by example and work to create a work environment that fosters excellence in clinical care, peer support and teamwork.
Bean 5 is a high-paced 43 bed medical respiratory unit with an embedded 8 bed Intermediate Care Unit (IMC). Unique to Bean 5, the 8 bed IMC includes our Assisted Ventilator Unit. The patient population on Bean 5 is vast and includes specialties of acute on chronic states, respiratory failure, complex vascular, general surgical and neuroscience conditions, sepsis and multisystem organ failure. RN’s providing care in the Bean 5 IMC/AVU demonstrate astute assessment and critical thinking skills, as patients in IMC may have multi-system issues that require continuous monitoring, medication drips, frequent interventions, and higher level respiratory support. Within our Assisted Ventilation Unit (AVU) patients may be requiring acute and/or chronic ventilator support. With a focus on ventilator weaning, nursing interventions require frequent assessments and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. RN’s working on Bean 5 have the opportunity to work in a unique clinical setting that allows for experience in medical telemetry, IMC, and AVU.
- Position Summary
- The Clinical Nursing Coordinator (CNC) is a full time RN who partners with the nursing director and nursing manager in the coordination of the unit’s assigned staff and patient population. The CNC provides oversight, coordination, and clinical leadership to contribute to the strategic plan for nursing and the organization on the unit level.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN).
- License/Certifications: Licensed as a registered professional nurse by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Specialty certification, preferred.
- Experience: Clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through two (2) years of clinical experience.
- Role Models the MMC Values in Action
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively lead and manage complex issues
- Capacity for critical thinking and analytical skills for day to day leadership decisions
- High level of organizational skills, effective time management, and delegation strategies’ that includes the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust workflow according to changing unit needs
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.