Director of Human Resources
Bargaining Unit/Salary Range: Confidential Level 3 with an annual salary of $68,204
Central Maine Community College seeks a Director of Human Resources who is the primary contact responsible for all human resources functions. The Director has oversight for employee hiring, onboarding and retention; labor relations and benefits; employee engagement; employee training/professional development programs; maintaining personnel files; and developing and monitoring HR budget. The director will build a network of collaborative relationships and partnerships across the College, serving as a trusted advisor and resource to faculty and staff. This position reports to the Dean of Finance & General Services and supervises the Payroll Coordinator/HR Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or five years professional work experience in human resources.
- Knowledge of policies and practices of personnel administration, workers’ compensation laws and procedures, and laws governing human resources and employee rights.
- Ability to effectively manage personnel issues with the upmost confidentiality.
- Ability to interpret and follow collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to work independently, with strong attention to detail, computer/technology skills and organizational skills.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination required prior to the first day of employment, subject to exemptions recognized by law.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certifications.
Consideration will begin January 19, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. Please postal mail or e-mail a completed employment application available at www.cmcc.edu, a cover letter addressing the above listed qualifications and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Central Maine Community College
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210
Central Maine Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and non-discriminatory environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact (207) 755-5396.