About the Role
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Payments Platform team at Wex. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing system architectures to address the organization's challenges and enhance efficiency.
At a high level, your responsibilities will include:
Maintaining expertise in architectural patterns to identify solutions for specific challenges and applying them judiciously.
Tracking existing solutions within the company and promoting reuse whenever feasible.
Collaborating closely with product leaders to understand their requirements and collaborating with our engineering teams to deliver innovative software solutions.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be at the forefront of shaping our technology landscape and driving our products' success. If you are passionate about solving complex problems and delivering impactful solutions, we encourage you to join our team.
Who Are We?
Wex Inc. is a global leader in financial technology, providing innovative payment and expense management solutions to businesses of all sizes. With a strong commitment to simplifying complex payment processes, we empower organizations to gain control over their expenses, streamline operations, and drive growth.
Our cutting-edge technology and industry expertise have positioned us at the forefront of the fintech landscape. We serve a diverse range of industries, from small enterprises to Fortune 500 companies, helping them optimize their financial operations and improve their bottom line.
At Wex Inc, we foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We believe in harnessing the power of technology to transform the way businesses manage their financial transactions.
WEX Rewards for performance!
We need help!
Changing the world isn’t easy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. Come join us on our journey to redefine the future of payments and make a meaningful impact in the world of financial technology.
Who are you?
Culturally, you are...
- A highly motivated solutions architect who loves working with small, high-performing teams.
- Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with teams and stakeholders.
- Someone who cares deeply for team results checks your ego at the door and takes pride in owning results.
- A professional who can advocate strongly for their position and still be 100% behind a team's decisions.
- Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
- Are comfortable working on cloud-based solutions such as microservices, lambda, EKS, EC2, etc.
- Are a solid architect/designer/developer.
- Have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively.
- Comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments.
- Passionate about what you do and desire to apply your skills to produce value-add results.
- Enjoy eating and hanging out with your team in person and virtually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and modifying technical architecture.
- Provide supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually research the current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Inform various stakeholders about any issues with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Provide updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing and modifying technical architecture for scalable and resilient systems.
- Ability to provide supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Proven ability to continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes when needed.
- Strong communication skills to inform various stakeholders about issues with current technical solutions and assess their business impact.
- Experience with Multi-cloud solutions (Azure, Google, Amazon).
- Proficiency in continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Experience with one or more of the following: AWS Cloud Formation, Kubernetes (K8S), TerraForm, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, ADO, GitHub Actions, and Puppet.
- 8+ years of development experience in at least one major coding language (e.g., Java 8 or above, C#, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience developing infrastructure as code.
- Experience working on agile teams to deliver software iteratively.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools like Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience with designing and architecting integrated solutions.
- Knowledge of Linux, containerization, and container orchestration like Kubernetes.
- Experience with logging, metrics, and monitoring tools like DataDog and Splunk.
- 2+ years of experience automating Cloud-based applications and services.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award
- Program Expedition - WEX’s Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement