Location and hours:
Down East Community Hospital and Calais Community Hospital
Onsite, remote, or a blend
8 am - 4:30 pm. Some flexibility potential.
Independently performs professional senior level accounting work. Accurately prepares financial statements and more complex statements and reports.
· Under supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is and compliance with policies and procedures and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Responsible for various aspects of general accounting, including journal entries, cash management, account analysis and reconciliation.
· Ensures the preparation of accurate and timely monthly statements and supporting documentation.
· Provides audit support by completing requested schedules in a timely manner.
· Manages insurance coverage documentation and renewals.
· Research and review accounting issues and makes recommendations based on applicable accounting guidance and regulation.
· Oversees the payroll and AP functions.
· Provides training to associate accountants with the department.
· Assists with schedules for cost report preparation.
· Prepares assigned required reporting for the Hospital.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, with at least three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education or experience from which comparable knowledge has been accumulated.
· Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Solid understanding of accounting processes and concepts
· Strong and respectful verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills