New Graduate Nurses! Pen Bay Medical Center’s Medical Surgical Unit is currently hiring individuals into their Registered Nurse Intern program.
The internship program is an exciting program that will provide nursing experience as well as clinical knowledge as the individual experiences several practice situations. The program is broken down into stages, with a focus on meeting and completing competencies at each stage.
The qualified candidate will have met the following requirements:
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- License/Certifications: Current/Valid License in the State of Maine as a Registered Professional Nurse or eligibility to sit for NCLEX Exam with proof of ATT letter. Must hold current State of Maine RN license within three months of hire. Current BLS Certification.
- Articulates elements of professional practice and demonstrates:
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and Patient and Family Centered Care
- Understanding of teamwork and collaboration
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of process improvement and sound safety strategies
- Competence with computer applications