WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, where our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
The WEX Internship Program offers a robust experience for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of technology leaders. Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside some of our industry’s smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders. As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company’s most critical business decisions.
What you will be doing in this role:
We are looking for an IT Service Desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues, line of business applications and offer advice to solve them. You must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with customers. *This is a 1 year position.
- Manage Incidents and Service Requests from the IT portal, calls, and chats; act as a single point of contact
- Receive, log and manage incidents and service requests; maintain Asset Database and track changes
- Provide exceptional customer service and IT Support to the WEX\WES population for all end user services
- Follow standard operating procedures; accurately log and update all work tickets using IT Service Management System
- Utilize remote takeover software capabilities to deploy solutions, solve incidents and to train end users
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Communicate expectations with customers as to resolution and timeframe, keeping users informed of progress
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, systems and other equipment
You should also expect:
- A collaborative and challenging working environment
- The opportunity to engage with various stakeholders across the business and senior leadership teams
- To train and develop your skills in your area of work with some of the best experts in the payment industry
- To develop solid understanding of IT operations, applications, systems and business related processes and procedures
- To become familiar with WEX systems and resources
Who we are looking for:
- At a minimum, you should be a rising junior, senior, OR masters-level student, in a degree/certificate-seeking accredited program
- An excellent candidate must have technical interest and basic customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Google Suite and basic network comprehension is desired.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment