WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, where our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
The WEX Technology Co-Op Internship offers a 4 to 24 months experience for students looking for work experience with the flexibility to attend school throughout the year.
Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside our some of our industry’s smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders.
As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company’s most critical business decisions. We are looking for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of leaders in technology.
What you will be doing in this role:
Our team is looking for a Scrum Master Co-Op Intern based in either Portland, Maine or Ogden, Utah. This position will support the Global Fleet Technology team on a number of key initiatives that support the delivery of value to customers and help transform our internal software development practices. We are specifically looking for engineers and developers interested in Information Security (Cyber Security), Cloud Architect and Operations, Mobile WEB and App Development, UX/UI, Software QA, and Software Development.
You will be:
- Promoting adherence to Agile software development best practices and ceremonies.
- Helping teams to manage risks and dependencies as well as identify and remove impediments.
- Reviewing and interpreting metrics and other key performance indicators (KPI) in order to drive continuous improvement for the sprint teams.
- Partnering with other Scrum Masters to identify and manage dependencies
You should expect:
- A collaborative and challenging working environment
- The opportunity to engage with various stakeholders across the business
- Mentorship from senior leaders in Global Fleet Technology
- The opportunity to hone your skills as a servant leader
Who we are looking for:
- At a minimum you should be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a similar discipline with an anticipated graduation date in 2020 or 2021.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Agile methodology, metrics and reporting tools such as Daily Stand-ups / Huddles, Velocity, and Cumulative Flow.
- Comfort in coaching and influencing others.
- Strong project management skills, including planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting information
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability