HR & Administrative Manager
Direct Hire Portland, Maine
Our client, an equipment and service provider in Greater Portland, is seeking an HR & Administrative Manager to add to their team.
- Location: Portland, Maine
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #19053
The HR & Administrative Manager position is responsible for managing the administrative and personnel functions of the business.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with strong managerial, organizational, and analytical skills. Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a challenging and fast-paced environment. They must be technologically savvy, and possess strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills. Must be able to work well with a wide variety of personnel with diverse backgrounds.
- Manage relationships with external resources: Insurance, Workers Compensation, Benefits, Accountants & External Controller, Legal Representation, Banking, Technology Providers.
- Direct management of office administrative staff and administrative processes.
- Responsible for administration of Payroll, Human Resources, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Process biweekly payroll through local payroll company; process changes for employees
- Responsible for employee benefits management, including:
- Renewal and administration of employee benefits (Medical, Dental, Life/ADD & STD Insurances, HRA, etc.)
- Administration of 401k Plan & 401k Requests; Censuses, Reporting
- Responsible for Employee Personnel Management, including:
- Assist with companywide performance evaluations & and evaluate direct reports.
- Hire office personnel – Posting jobs, reviewing resumes, setting up interviews.
- All onboarding and offboarding tasks; COBRA administration
- Filing 1st reports of injury, maintaining OSHA logs, Concentra coordination. (Workers Comp)
- Maintain confidentiality of company & personnel information.
- Drive and assist other Sr. Managers with organizational and process improvements.
- Provide operational information to senior management and owners.
- Stay up to date on applicable employment laws (Fed, ME, NH etc.)
- Review invoices for benefits, insurance etc., and code/approve for payment.
- Assist employees with benefit questions.
- Maintain updated employee personnel files.
- Obtain driving records on new employees (if applicable).
- Oversee unemployment issues and reports.
- Review company property and liability insurance and file any necessary claims.
- Register company vehicles, complete dealer license renewals, manage EZ passes or delegate.
- Help manage relationship with Industry ERP system vendor.
- Manage relationship with IT and Phone Service Providers.
- Triage employee IT and Phone issues and work with IT Support to resolve.
- Assist with evaluation and procurement of new technology/equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary for this role will depend on experience and compensation includes full benefits.