If you enjoy positively impacting people’s lives, making decisions based on your work, and being able to see your impact on a company then this is the career for you. MMG prides itself on exceptional customer service, a friendly and flexible work environment, and professional employee development. At MMG Insurance we offer a competitive benefits package with a strong 401k, industry education, and degree completion assistance. As a Claims Representative you will be responsible for the examination of coverage, investigation of claims, evaluation of damages and liability, and negotiating and settling automobile property damage claims with insureds, claimants, and other insurance companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines coverage form(s) and other records to determine if coverage applies.
- Interviews, telephones, and/or corresponds with claimant or insured, witnesses and police, to determine extent of company's liability.
- Investigates claims by obtaining recorded statements, and collecting official reports.
- Evaluates physical damage estimates by utilizing desktop review, direct repair shop network, field or independent appraisers.
- Evaluates, negotiates and settles minor Automobile property damage claims with insureds, claimants and other insurance companies.
- Prepares reports of findings and negotiates settlements with claimants, insureds or opposing insurance companies.
- Communicates verbally and through written reports, memoranda with insureds, claimants, attorneys, state and local police and other individuals, as needed.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with independent adjusting firms, agents, independent attorneys and other similar firms, as necessary, which may include travel, visitation, and attendance at various conventions/meetings. (May include overnight stays.)
- Travels as required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the employee's position and to fulfill educational requirements. (May include overnight stays.)
- Other duties may be assigned.
*Interested applicants must apply through Company website www.mmgins.com/careers