The Database Administrator (DBA) will support the MEMIC SQL Server Database environment with responsibility for creation of databases, performance tuning, cloning, copying, high availability, and data refreshes. The position will also work to support MEMIC development initiatives utilizing production, test and development databases. Work with project teams for database project estimates, design and recommendations.
- Responsible for SQL Database development and support.
- Creates, maintains and updates SQL Server Infrastructure and Standards DBA documentation.
- Works with vendors to architect, design and configure large, complex databases with replication and high-availability on the most current MSSQL versions.
- Develops and maintains application, data, and execution architectures.
- Provides input into overall development/implementation plan and documents database builds and changes, performs SQL designs, table designs, and stored procedures work.
- Manages large tables, maintains schemas, and develops queries and utilities to assist users.
- Installs upgrades and patches to existing databases.
- Creates databases, tuning, cloning, copying, and data refreshes.
- Performs system analysis and identifies solutions to technical problems.
- Identifies bottlenecks and performs database tuning.
- Supports the activities required to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field plus 2-5 years’ experience developing and administering Microsoft SQL Database Solutions or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Microsoft Certifications a plus.
- Experience in SQL Clustering, SQL Queries, MS Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, Performance Tuning.
- Experience building and implementing databases, debugging, SSIS, SSRS, and DTS as well as migrating DTS packages into SSIS.
- Data Warehouse Design and Administration experience a plus.
- Experience in Database Encryption a plus.
- Must have experience in writing stored procedures, and providing high availability service.
- Experience Building/Maintaining Data Warehousing Solutions.
- Excellent backup, monitoring, recovery, planning and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working outside vendors/3rd parties.
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects integration, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Excellent communication skills.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.