Exciting, long-term contract opportunity in Augusta, Maine.
This position requires travel to the various offices of the client around Maine. Applicants will need to have valid Maine drivers license and pass a background check. All expenses will be paid
PROJECT NAME: Laptop Swap.
Years of Relevant Experience: 1-3 years in desired environment Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study Role Description:
• Assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new software products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment.
• Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment.
• Participate in performance and volume analysis and design.
• Participate in performance improvement activities. Identify and apply potential improvements related to the environment for an application.
• Provide accurate and complete answers to general use and environment questions in a timely manner.
• Serve as the point of contact for technology support and services.
• Serve as the point of integration between the business functions of the department and the technology requirements of the department.
• Provide desktop computer support.
• Serve as a point of contact for communication and coordination of service outages.
• Attend and participate in bi-weekly team and problem review meetings.
• Manage the retirement and disposal of obsolete or broken computer equipment.
• Coordinate the procurement and installation of new computer hardware and software.
• Coordinate virus protection software programs within departments.
• Understand the installation of software patches and upgrades.
• Provide input to training and/or documentation materials regarding latest technical and functional design changes.
• Ensure that all work is documented for future reference.
• Follow quality standards.
• Ensure effective and reliable backups are being performed.
• Proactively address customer needs.
• Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
• Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
• Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
• Install, configure, and maintain personal computers and other related equipment, devices, and systems adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, CD ROMs, printers, and related equipment.
• Assist in troubleshooting network issues, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users.
• Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.