Our client, who enables small and midsized organizations to achieve their business objectives through information technology, is adding a Senior Systems Engineer to their team. This technical leadership role provides engineering and architecture customer solutions. This position can be located Maine, Tennessee or Massachusetts.
The Systems Engineer works well under pressure and engages in emergency technical support. This position delivers internal and external customer-facing projects, including email migrations and upgrades; full-scale migrations to Cloud-based solutions (Office 365/AWS/Azure); Remote Access technologies (RDS/Gateway/Citrix) and storage implementations (SAN); platform infrastructure creation; virtual technologies (Hyper-V/VMware), routing, firewall, wireless and switching; and Active Directory support and migrations.
The Senior Systems Engineer serves as Tier 3 resource in Professional Services group, working closely with Project Managers. This position also integrates with Operations, Sales, and Marketing departments
- The Senior Systems Engineer will coach Managed Services Engineers in Operations and supports knowledge transfer.
- The Senior Systems Engineer assists Sales organization with sales calls, scope development, and pre-sales.
- The Senior Systems Engineer assists the Marketing group with technical updates on company’s service offerings.
- Systems and Network Support
- Design and implement new systems and network solutions and/or improve the efficiency of current networks.
- Install, configure, and support network equipment, including routers, proxy servers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, servers, and SANs: optimize platforms and application delivery.
- Update network and server equipment to latest firmware releases.
- Optimize customer environment and network performance by tuning for and resolving traffic and other issues.
- Install server and network equipment and manage subcontractors involved with installation.
- ???????Provide Tier 3 support and resolve escalated issues.
- Demonstrate familiarity with multiple technologies used to troubleshoot (OSI Model)
- ???????Project Management
- Ensure customer satisfaction by completing assigned project tasks accurately and on time.
- Ensure projects meet/exceed billable targets (80%) to internal or external customers.
- Provide accurate hardware and labor project estimates during sales cycle
- ???????Customer Service
- Provide guidance to customer, aligning their business needs with technical solution.
- Work directly with Sales and Customer Service representatives to prepare client quotes, statements of work, and ensure customer satisfaction with services.
- Superior troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving, capacity planning, Cloud computing, and virtualization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and Hyper-V. Adept in Windows Server Operating systems (2008/2012/2016/2019) as well as end user devices (WIN10/MacOS), laptops, terminals and thin clients
- Expert technical knowledge in WAN, LAN, SAN, switches, routers, and Wi-Fi. VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer Strong technical documentation skills and written network assessment skills.
- Expert technical knowledge in WAN, LAN, SAN, switches, routers, and Wi-Fi. VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer expertise and configuration experience.
- Adept in backup software and architecture: StorageCraft, Backup Exec, DPM, and/or Windows Backup
- Desired experience in Cisco/Dell/HP/Sonicwall and Fortinet network and server technologies
- Proficient in translating technical information to business-related information.
- 6 – 10 years of technical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 10 years of experience.
- Must possess the skills of Server Virtualization, VMware and Hyper V.
Pro Search, Inc. was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. Pro Search, Inc. strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.