The Professional Development Specialist is responsible for the oversight of the firm’s employee operations. The major areas of responsibility are recruiting, development & utilization, training, retention, benefits, and employee relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a high-level of involvement with all personnel activity and be able to perform each essential role satisfactorily. The roles listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or functions required.
· Coordinate/participate in recruiting efforts and staffing practices to ensure hiring the best and brightest for all positions in the organization
- Build relationships with area colleges and universities and recruiting agencies
- Member of Recruiting Committee
· Maintain the internship program
· Coordinate/participate in new employee onboarding process for all positions in the organization
- Annually review process to ensure inclusions of up to date firm processes and applications
· Conduct new hire employee one on one meetings and follow-up to foster understanding of firm culture and create a positive experience in working toward firm goals
· Responsible for making recommendations, scheduling and coordinating in-house CPE programs to build firm-wide core competencies
- Oversee mentoring program
- Monitor CPE requirements to maintain licensing for all CPA’s
- Oversee scheduling function to ensure appropriate opportunities provided to each accountant and balanced utilization
- Oversee employee performance and compensation evaluation process
- Provide direct coaching assistance to all staff to enhance performance and productivity
- Serve as a management coach to Managers and Shareholders on an as needed or requested basis
- Recommend and implement programs to ensure high retention
- Assist with Annual Management & Staff Retreats planning
- Handle procedures when an employee leaves the firm
- Plan, direct, and carry out firm policies relating to all phases of personnel activity
- Provide a positive environment by encouraging open communication through various sources
- Facilitate and analyze annual employee satisfaction survey and related follow-up
- Maintain and update the Employee Handbook and firm policies and procedures to assure effective communication of standard policies and practices of the firm and compliance with regulatory agencies.
· Coordinate firm functions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Analyze wage and benefit structures to remain competitive in our markets.
- Oversee, review and monitor the implementation of employee benefit programs.
- Interface with benefit vendors and make recommendations in benefit planning, cost and design
- Ensure Compliance with applicable laws such as HIPAA, COBRA, etc.
- Ensure employee performance is evaluated in a consistent manner on a timely basis
- Works with managers to develop accurate job description
- Oversight of all employee and employment issues
- Advise partners on human resource issues
- Assist with payroll functions.
Human Resource Policies
· Develop, communicate, and interpret firm policies for managers and employees regarding HR, legal requirements, equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits
· Develops and maintains a confidential human resources system that meets all levels of HR and management information needs
· Maintain security of employment files