This position provides customers with the best possible solutions to their energy needs. Focus areas include selling heating equipment, liquid energy products and developing business alignments with Affinity Partners such as Builders and Realtors. As a “trusted advisor” to both existing and new customers, this position seeks to provide high quality service before and after the sale in support of our Brand Promise and Customer Guarantees and Pledges.
This position reports directly to the Field Sales Manager but also collaborates and receives input from the General Manager or Regional Director of Operations.
1. Responsible for growing liquid and equipment sales.
2. Develops a territory sales plan to include annual goals, annual activities and residential targets to support corporate market growth strategy.
3. Calls on liquid and equipment targets in order to generate new business and achieve sales goals. Promotes all products and services available in the assigned area.
4. Accurately and timely prepares and submits proposals to existing and potential new customers.
5. Leverages technology to enhance the selling process: Microsoft, SFDC and has the aptitude to learn internal industry systems
6. Collaborates with trusted advisor team to generate and close leads.
7. Creatively seeks out new business opportunities. Develops relationships with builders, remodelers, neighborhood groups, and realtors to identify potential new business opportunities.
8. Responsible for customer relations and quality service before, during and after the sale.
9. Maintains harmonious relationships and good communication with other departments (service, credit, and delivery) to ensure consistent and excellent service.
10. Stays abreast of the latest in heating equipment technology by interacting with the service department, suppliers, and attending seminars, trade shows, etc.
11. Actively participates in home shows, consumer energy training seminars and other community activities in an effort to identify new customer opportunities.
1. Assists with special projects and other work-related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Energy Advisor – Page 2
The Energy Advisor should have a minimum of two years of previous sales experience or a combination of sales and petroleum related experience. Business Development experience is preferred.
- Attributes Required:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- High Initiative (Self Starter)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point) & Math skills
- Ability and willingness to make “cold calls”
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong presentation skills
- Follow-up on Commitments (Integrity)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to build relationships
Equipment and Tools Used:
Basic office and computer related equipment.
Daily this position must decide how and where to focus his/her time. This position makes decisions primarily relating to how to attract and retain new business. Many decisions are made in consultation with the Field Sales Manager and or the General Manager.
This position deals frequently with all levels of employees, trade influencers, homeowners, and equipment suppliers.
Since this position is frequently out of the office there are considerations relating to vehicle safety and personal safety from slip, trip, or fall.
Approximately 75% of the week is spent in the field visiting current and prospective customers in a variety of settings. The balance of the time is spent in an office setting. When out of the office, all weather conditions may be encountered.
- Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone
Weight or Force Moved:
There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 10 – 15 pounds.