Large, innovative, nonprofit biomedical research institution headquartered in Downeast Maine is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to add to their growing team.
This Executive Assistant will represent the EVP and COO to a variety of stakeholder groups. Cultural sensitivity, professionalism, discretion and preserving confidentiality are critical for success in this highly visible role.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the EVP/COO’s needs. The Executive Assistant must interact seamlessly, with a professional demeanor, across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, the Board of Trustees, and all employees of the laboratory. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
This individual will report to the EVP/COO and is responsible for the management of her complex meeting and travel schedule. Additional responsibilities include preparing itineraries, processing and approving expenses, compiling reports, presentations, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, responding to routine and non-routine correspondences and arranging onsite/offsite events, and special projects.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected along with autonomy, professional flexibility and successful multitasking skills.
- Maintain calendar for EVP/COO. Coordinate regular meetings for the COO and COO led events. Performing day-to-day administration of the office (i.e. maintain sensitive files, answer and direct incoming phone calls as appropriate, setup video/WebEx meetings, process all travel and expense reports and expenditures for reimbursement.) Screen and prioritize correspondence and contracts for review and/or signature by the EVP/COO. Track the EVP/COO’s direct reports weekly schedules and submit time-off and vacation requests into the time reporting system.
- Serves as the primary contact and liaison for the EVP/COO’s office. Includes a broad range of interactions with various stakeholders, executive leadership, Board of Trustees and all employees of the community.
- Assist with special projects for the Executive Vice President and COO and Associate Director of the COO. Schedule and host visitors including planning meetings and creating itineraries, booking conference and/meeting rooms, planning workshops (such as retreats and seminars), luncheons and dinners.
- Supervise and manage Office Coordinator and delegate duties as appropriate.
- Knowledge of administrative processes as would typically be acquired through eight or more years of work experience in a professional business environment providing direct support for senior level management and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related discipline.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, develop and supervise direct reports.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose complex and executive level correspondences. Experience working in a position in which composition of business correspondences was a major responsibility. This requirement may be validated through submission and review of several writing samples as part of the interview process.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects to successful completion with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability work collaboratively, lead, and administer projects of company-wide importance. Excellent project and event management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to clearly exchange information with people representing a wide diversity of disciplines and levels of sophistication.
- Able to multi-task on a variety of assignments while remaining focused and professional. Needs to be flexible and adaptable in dealing with changing priorities and tasks.
- Demonstrated experience to take independent initiative and exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive team player demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage details accurately. Experienced with all related technology: MS Office 365, Cisco WebEx, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a high-profile environment requiring discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
Successful candidates will be a self-motivated, team-oriented, patient and disciplined problem-solver and solution-builder.
Compensation will include salary and full benefits. Salary will depend on experience and market.
Candidates meeting our client’s requirements will be contacted directly all other applicants will be considered for future opportunities. We do not share resumes with client companies without applicant consent.
Pro Search is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran or handicapped status