Maine Medical Partners Pediatric Specialty Care is seeking an experienced Medical Secretary to join their team. Clinical administrative, scheduling, and/or customer service experience is a must have! This position supports patient check-in/check-out, scheduling transplants and procedures, and all administrative functions for Pediatric Nephrology.
MaineHealth is the largest integrated health system in the state of Maine and offers wonderful benefits and opportunities to develop your skills and advance your career.
•Health Insurance and Optional Plans such as Dental, Vision, etc.
•Generous Paid Time Off
•Employee Wellness and Discount Programs
•Paid Parental Leave for Birth and Adoptive Parents
•FREE Public Transit! As part of our Commuter Choice Program we offer free bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the greater Portland region.
The Medical Secretary is responsible for providing administrative and office support for the providers in a multi-physician, specialty care practice.
Main Job Duties:
- Coordinates care with referrals to other providers and/or schedules outside services on behalf of the patient.
- Schedules, reschedules, confirms and cancels patient appointments, surgery, and any outside appointments. Schedules follow-up appointments, when indicated.
- Completes all Prior Authorizations for surgeries or other procedures that require pre-certifications.
- Greets all patients in polite, prompt and helpful manner. Registers and/or checks patient in to the computer system.
- Maintains and updates daily physician schedule for both office and hospital obligations.
- Performs miscellaneous copying, filing and faxing as needed. Retrieves, opens and sorts incoming mail.
- Maintains good working knowledge and understanding of insurance plans.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School graduate or GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Previous medical office experience.
- Knowledge and skills in using office equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
- Strong computer skills.