Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors. Each year, we serve over 30,000 people through child care, early childhood education, water safety, housing
support, summer camp, and community outreach and health programs. As a nonprofit organization, our programs are accessible to all, regardless of one’s ability to pay.
Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the Marketing Associate supports all of the YMCA of Southern Maine’s marketing efforts including brand integrity, social media, updating the website, printing, and ordering. The Marketing Associate will work with Association staff, coordinating marketing requests and working with marketing staff to ensure their timely completion.
Additionally, the Marketing Associate will work on projects in support of the YMCA of Southern Maine’s membership and support our New American Welcome Center work by communicating with participants, scheduling, coordinating with partner organizations, and assisting with volunteers.
1. Maintain brand compliance. Collaborate with other staff to promote and protect the Y brand through all collateral (i.e. t-shirts,towels, bags, water bottles, promotional items, flyers, signs, etc.).
2. Provide purchasing support, including vendor research, price comparisons, contract negotiations, and order placement and fulfillment for all program teams and the association offices.
3. Serve as a brand staff liaison to Y-USA’s Brand Team and our association.
4. Proactively manage the Y’s brand following the direction set in the Brand Guidelines and Technical Supplements, and utilizing the YMCA’s Marketing and Communications Best Practices, to ensure all YMCA of Southern Maine materials are brand compliant and utilize the most up to date resources.
5. Serve as a brand education leader by promoting use of the Brand Resource Center’s (BRC) templates and reference tools, and ensuring resources and trainings are shared effectively with staff.
6. Coordinate marketing requests from Association staff with marketing team to ensure accuracy and timeline completion.
7. Support YMCA of Southern Maine association office priorities by assisting with projects as directed by the CEO.
8. Support the New American Welcome Center and the New American Welcome Center Coordinator by communicating with participants, scheduling, coordinating with partner organizations, and assisting with
9. Ensure the YMCA website is up to date and work with Association staff in obtaining schedules, program flyers, and other information for the website.
10. Assist the marketing team in maintaining accurate social media and promotional calendars.
11. Adheres to all Y Brand guidelines and receives prior approval for use and creation of any Y related social media from the Advancement department.
12. Is an advocate to the Y by promoting our cause. Assists with the annual campaign by increasing awareness about the campaign within the Y community
13. Learn and actively utilize ADP Employee Portal on a consistent basis.
14. Other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred fields are marketing, communications, journalism, English, or an equivalent education and work experience.
· Excellent project management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to be flexible and prioritize tasks.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, familiarity Adobe Suite and other applicable design software is a bonus.
· Experience using Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, Shopify, and other online marketing tools, and the ability to learn new ones, is desired.
· Detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly express ideas both verbally and in writing.
· Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and spirit to manage the brand and oversee various departmental marketing efforts to ensure integrity of brand is maintained.
· Effective interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
· Effective problem solving skills and ability to work with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to effectively present information in a clear,understandable language in a group or one-on-one situation.
· Demonstrated ability to influence others to ensure deadlines and priorities are met.
· Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Deep commitment to our cause and diversity and inclusion.
· Valid driver’s license,reliable vehicle,and ability to travel locally.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.