The Security Coordinator is responsible for a variety of functions in support of Risk Management’s mission to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Bank assets and information. This is accomplished by identifying assets and their associated threats, and by minimizing risks through the application of preventive, detective and corrective measures.
Reports to the Chief Information Security Officer
- Works as part of the Information Security Team to ensure the overall effectiveness and operation of the Bank’s Security systems.
- Functions as a backup for the Bank’s Physical Security Officer. Assists in the administration of the Bank’s physical security program including asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, and video surveillance.
- Monitors various Bank systems to ensure compliance with information security policies, practices and procedures as well as to identify inappropriate or unauthorized access.
- Collaborates with IT and other departments to maintain compliance with information security policies and procedures.
- Maintains ongoing contact with IT security personnel and systems administrators to insure proper alignment of the information security monitoring program to deployed information technologies.
- Promotes Bank-wide security awareness by conducting training sessions for departments.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of standardized physical security risk assessments.
- Works with the Bank’s Disaster Recovery Coordinator to conduct business impact analyses and assist departments in evaluating critical business processes.
Compliance and Control
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provides information on suspicious customer activity or identity theft to appropriate parties
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Delivers ongoing security awareness training sessions for bank personnel, providing guidance to employees on Bank Security Policies.
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank remains compliant with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Conforms to standards as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to provide customers with outstanding customer care and service at all times. Projects a friendly, helpful, and personably demeanor.
- Vision/Values – Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank’s vision, mission and values to others.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Information Security or Physical Security accreditation or willingness to obtain within 1 year required.
- Security, IT, and/or Risk Management experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assesses and explain complex issuess required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment/general office equipment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required.
- Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.