If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity in a professional atmosphere, with incredible talent, and exciting potential, then Baker Newman Noyes is the place for you. BNN is committed to do the right thing, provide exceptional client service, care about others, win as a team, and our passion for learning and growth offers a one of a kind professional experience.
We are a regional firm with New England roots and a global reach, and we are looking to add a Manager to our growing Business & Technology Advisory (BTA) practice. This position is based in our Portland, ME office.
With over 250 employees throughout New England in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, BNN provides expert accounting and tax services, healthcare consulting, and business and technology advisory services to a variety of clients with special focus on banking and financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, not-for-profit, public sector entities, privately held and family-owned businesses, and high net worth individuals. BNN is an independent member of Baker Tilly International.
Our BTA practice offers clients management of all phases’ business and technology advisory consulting projects in a variety of industries. We focus on the delivery of process re-design, systems selection and implementation, project management, and/or business/IT work. BNN is looking for an experienced Manager with strong technical and leadership skills to join an entrepreneurial and growing team to help us grow our presence across our marketplace!
- Emphases and focus on delivery of process re-design, systems selection and implementation, project management, and/or business/IT work
- For assigned clients, manage all phases’ business and technology advisory consulting projects for companies in a variety of industries
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple engagements to a successful and efficient completion and is able to project-manage workload of multiple engagements and teams while keeping the principal and director updated at all given times
- Identify ways to improve client service and provide meaningful advice and recommendations, particularly related to client controls and business processes
- Seeks to identify proposal opportunities for services to existing or prospective clients, and communicates opportunities on a timely basis to firm management
- Generates, pursues and assists in closing proposal opportunities with existing and/or potential clients
- Participate in firm administration and management, including practice development, staff management, and other areas as assigned
- Frequent regional travel (approximately 50%) to client sites in Northern New England
Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communication
- Adept at building internal and external relationships with a focus on client service
- Proficient in time management and prioritization of tasks, strategic thinking and planning
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to acquire new knowledge
- Prior Public Firm experience is preferred
- Generally, five to seven or more years’ experience in providing business advisory services with a public accounting or professional services firm, preferably a large regional or national firm
- Master’s degree preferred, business major in finance, management or accounting
- PMP, CISA, or other certificate preferred
BNN strongly believes in maintaining a healthy balance between work and personal life. We support this through a variety of benefits, including:
- 20-30 days of vacation time
- 5 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- 6-week paid parental leave
- Health, Dental, Pet, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with company match
Baker Newman Noyes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To learn more, please visit our website, www.bnncpa.com.