Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Medical Surgical Unit
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 6:30 PM to 7:00 AM
Performs secretarial duties using specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties may include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
· Coordinates assigned unit activities.
· Manages patient records (e.g. Assembles patient records, Files patient information, etc.)
· Processes physician orders (e.g. Transcribes physician's orders, flags charts appropriately, enters orders into computer).
· Coordinates the safe transport of patients and other items as directed
· Accepts responsibility for further developing professional learning needs.
· Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; report and directly address environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
· May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* No previous experience required.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Certified Nursing Assistant
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status