At Prudential, we make lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world. Bring your experience and unique insights to a collaborative culture focused on meeting our customer needs!
Enabling Solutions is a transformative customer-obsessed organization aligned to the US Business priorities and dedicated to driving and implementing cross business solutions. We work across Prudential US businesses as a trusted advisor to provide best-in-class service operations, optimization, and planning / analytics.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Planning and Analytics Manager to help drive our centralized capacity planning, reporting and analytics capability to the next level. You will engage and consult with the business as a strategic advisor to position them for success with the best possible staffing, insights and recommendations based on deep business understanding.
This role will have a couple of focus areas. First, end-to-end ownership of the capacity planning functions, including: championing and driving implementation of activity-level tracking, development of timely and reliable capacity models and forecasts, governance to engage business in capacity planning and budget discussions and ensure continuous improvement of the models and process for capacity planning. Second, develop roadmaps and lead/support execution of multiple key analytics initiatives while building relationships across different teams within the organization.
- Collaborate with business partners to proactively identify needs, prioritize and develops roadmaps.
- Influence adoption of capacity planning approaches based on varying business needs Evaluate and recommend activity-level tracking approaches and provide oversight and business expertise for implementation of activity tracking tools.
- Produce data-driven capacity models with reliable forecasts usable for staffing recommendations.
- Prepare, analyze, and identify issues with data and provide recommendations and alternatives.
- Responsible for analysis leading to data insights and making strategic recommendations that are understood by audience at all levels. Utilize analysis of business measurements to explain trends in business operations and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Proactive business engagement, analysis, ownership and buy-in of recommendations.
- Leverage partnership with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practices and lessons learned
- May have management responsibilities for a small team, or may be an individual contributor with manager responsibilities for a project process
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in an analytical discipline such as engineering, economics, applied mathematics, statistics or business with a strong appetite for quantitative analysis.
- 5+ years of experience and expertise in analytics, performance measures, capacity / planning, or related field.
- Expertise in building analysis, tools and models using complex data. Ability to independently work effectively with large and complex datasets to identify performance drivers and trends.
- Ability to adopt a consultative customer-focused approach to scope a problem, provide recommendations and execute solutions.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, communication and leadership skills.
- Well organized with a strong drive for delivering results.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to focus on both details and strategy, and project manage visible and high priority initiatives.
- Ability to influence peers, senior leaders and others who are not direct reports. Must have the ability to work across businesses/teams to gain buy-in and build consensus to deliver on objectives
- Outstanding written and verbal communications with executive presence.
- Ability to operate autonomously under limited supervision.
Experience with or aptitude for Tableau, SAS/R/SQL, Cognos, Business Objects and other data related tools would be a plus.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Data Analytics
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark
Other Locations United States-Pennsylvania-Dresher, United States-Minnesota-Plymouth, United States-New Jersey-Roseland, United States-Maine-Portland
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time