Innovation is a core value of MaineHealth and serves as the connective tissue between education, research and patient care. The Innovation Manager role is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to contribute to the creation and building of the Innovation Center, a startup within MaineHealth system that will focus on streamlining current innovations and developing new pathways for innovative ideas. We are pioneers inventing with empathy every day - come join our new, hands-on, collaborative team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Innovation, this position facilitates and manages the Innovation Center programs, pathways and initiatives designed to advance health system innovation strategic goals.
Dynamic, hands-on and possesses a successful track record of project management and program implementation. This position provides program, client and initiative planning, management, meeting facilitation, leadership, analysis and reporting across the spectrum of the Innovation Center efforts (e.g., local, regional and system-wide innovation efforts, strategic plans and annual goals and objectives).
The Innovation Center’s goals are to foster a culture of innovation, commit resources to incubation and develop pathways for acceleration.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or related field is strongly preferred
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in healthcare field preferred
- 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, health policy and innovation
- Team player who thrives on collaboration and productive professional relationships, communicates effectively and handles conflict with professional maturity
- Comfortable leading multi-stakeholder groups consisting of senior administrators, clinical leaders and external business professionals to advance organization change initiatives
- Capacity to lead or conduct multiple projects at once, with responsibility for complete spectrum of required activities or in collaboration with others
- Outstanding capability to prepare and deliver oral, written, quantitative, or graphical reports for executive level audiences
- Strong ability to distill critical points of information and patterns from large quantities of information
Provide staffing and support to all phases of the Innovation Center programs and initiatives such as top-level innovation care model planning, incubation and acceleration planning, innovation education, and strategic planning priorities, either facilitating these efforts through multi-stakeholder working groups or working alone. Program and initiative tasks include:
- Initial coordination of efforts
- Meeting facilitation and preparation during planning processes
- Development and presentation of content/findings
- Development and monitoring of work plans for such processes
- Assist with managing scope of projects
- Support of plan implementation
- Manage innovation program changes or development activities, working effectively to establish a sense of credibility and trust, while navigating organizational complexity
- Monitors competitive market developments, and coordinates, completes and presents white papers and business plans on new business opportunities, as well as other quantitative and qualitative analysis designed to evaluate internal and market information, synthesizing results in a manner that supports executive decision making
- Facilitates Scenario Planning Initiatives with key leadership to create probable short term and long term market scenarios to be used in a number of planning activities
- Works collaboratively with service line leaders, physicians, senior management, etc., to complete clinical planning and business development projects of a quantitative and qualitative nature
- Serve as a system-wide resource and additionally advocate for the availability of and connection to other innovation resources such as local innovation champions, liaisons, data repositories, information banks or other assets
- Builds and grows innovation networks
- Oversees work of MaineHealth and member organizations’ innovation champions, analysts, coordinators or administrative personnel as assigned and as appropriate for projects
- Collaborates with all levels of the organization and provides excellent client service with innovation colleagues, caregivers and stakeholders
- Exercises leadership by persuasion, personal credibility, and team building across the MaineHealth system. Effectively creates a sense of urgency for change, establishes open and transparent communication, and maintains trust