Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Department: Primary Care - Castine
Position is located: Castine Community Health Srvcs
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Under the direction of the Administrative Director and in coordination with the Office Medical Director, the Practice Manager I is responsible for the day-to-day business operations of the clinic, including operational excellence, patient care delivery and satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director and in coordination with the Office Medical Director, the Practice Manager I is responsible for the day-to-day business operations of the clinic, including operational excellence, patient care delivery and satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Leads/participates in new initiatives throughout MCMH as well as the entire EMHS system.
- Supervises the orientation of new staff.
- Knowledgeable of all applications supported within the department.
- Deals effectively with changing requirements and priorities and promotes changes positively to the staff.
- Leads/participates on project teams to achieve stated objectives.
- Supports and promotes a safe work environment by reporting and investigating incidents timely.
- Develops and implements practice policies and procedures.
- Assures regular inspection of facilities and arranges for emergency maintenance.
- Collects and processes quality improvement data. Utilizes evaluation methodologies to measure and assure quality reporting by staff. Prepares timely reports as required.
- Develops department's strategic plan following the direction of the organization's strategy and mission and based upon the principles of performance improvement. Identifies population served and develops scope of services. Manages and allocates resources effectively, including staffing plan, equipment and supplies, and operating budget.
- Manages the practice staff on a day-to-day basis, providing leadership and direction so that goals are achieved. Develops schedules and work assignments. Identifies workflow inefficiencies and recommends/implements process improvements. Resolves conflicts.
- Collaborates with other departments or external services to achieve departmental or organizational goals.
- Represents the Clinic at hospital functions such as the Annual Meeting and attends various MCMH functions for the community. Fosters good public relations and a positive reputation for the practice.
- Assures all aspects of patient care are performed in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors.
- Collaborates with ancillary services to provide a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Establishes and maintains provider schedules; assures patients are scheduled for appointments in a timely fashion.
- Facilities increased collections of time of service. Coordinates and directs patient accounting to consistently produce accurate bills which are paid in a timely manner. Reconciles patient account information. Works with MCPA billing to assure accurate charges, coding and researching billing questions as required. Offers solutions for billing inefficiencies.
- Promptly handles patient inquiry and complaints, escalating as appropriate, and resolving issues within the designated time frame.
- Works with the medical staff to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care. Provides guidance and reports on clinical activities to MCMH leadership.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget for the clinic. Analyzes and prepares variance reports. Manages the practice's financial resources, maintaining accurate record-keeping, timely banking functions and unscheduled audits. Assures staff timecards are accurate and submitted on time.
- Solicits input on department's needs and purchases; orders medical and office supplies as needed. Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Adopts and supports principles of LEAN design and reviews department procedures to identify opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and methods of measurement for department and for customer departments.
- Considers financial elements when making decisions.
Competencies and skills:
* 3+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
Education: Associates Degree required, Bachelor's preferred.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status