We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing data warehouse team. You will be responsible for profiling, analyzing, processing and loading the vast amounts of payment data we have. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys the challenge of precision-based quality and high-throughput performance engineering. You will be part of a small team that works on data initiatives to deliver information products to our Business Intelligence community. You will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing our existing architecture and re-shaping it to leverage the next-generation, cloud-native tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate on design and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Analyze and process large, complex data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Assist team to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and related ‘big data’ technologies.
• Deliver quality of work via unit testing.
• Ensure performance of code meets non-functional requirements.
• Work with stakeholders including the Management, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues.
• Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
• Responsible for monitoring more junior developer and contracted staff.