Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Operating Room
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
$4,000 Sign-On Bonus
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Assists in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel.
- Maintains sterile operative fields.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies or equipment.
- Assists healthcare practitioners during surgery.
- Positions patients for treatment or examination.
- Protect patients or staff members using safety equipment.
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- May perform other duties upon request.
Surgical Technician Certification preferred. BLS Required.
Competencies and skills:
* Applies Business Acumen:Demonstrates knowledge of current and future trends that impact organizational success. Applies proven practices and business theories to get results that meet financial as well as other business goals. Recognizes opportunities for new services and products and acts accordingly, taking measured risks into consideration. Possesses a thorough knowledge of their field and independently carries out their work in accordance with professional standards of the profession.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* No previous experience required.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status