- Position is responsible for booking/scheduling complex procedures and appointments to ensure appropriate continuum of care from pre- through post-procedure care. Scheduling may include: electrophysiology procedures, interventional procedures, vascular procedures, transfers, diagnostic testing, and other miscellaneous hospital procedures for a multi-physician specialty clinic. Position monitors procedure room schedules to maximize utilization and efficient patient flow.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of specific department (OR, Radiology, Cardiology) practices and procedures, usually acquired through two years of previous related experience.
- Two years post High School education or equivalent experience.
- Completion of medical terminology course or evidence of strong background in medical terminology from previous work experience. Anatomy and physiology strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and skills in using office equipment, including proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of insurance precertification and preauthorization.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks and have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, physicians, co- workers and other hospital and physicians’ office personnel.
- Must be detail orientated and be able to concentrate in an active environment. Must be able to handle a wide variety of diverse scheduling calls.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.