Job Posting End Date: 05/13
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle check inquiries
- Process medical records requests and fees associated with such requests
- Photocopy/Print in support of Claims Team
- Order Closed Files, policies and contracts
- Make outbound telephone calls to follow-up on missing information or new requests and receive incoming calls from claimants
- Complete letters, e-mails and faxes requested by DBS, AC, CS and DRU Consultants
- General office duties including but not limited to: photocopying, data entry, faxing, filing, distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Adhere to policyholder requirements per Special Handling
- Input data into databases/NaviLink for reporting purposes with a high level of accuracy
- Modify documents within NaviLink.
- Identify trends in metrics, processes, etc. and make suggestions for improvement
- Support various project work as needed, while maintaining workload
- Support a positive team environment
- Promote positive customer service through prompt, accurate and courteous responses to customer needs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and open communications with peers and managers
- Order Duplicate/True and Exacts
- Process CAPS waivers
- Proficient in multiple products: STD, LTD, IDI, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- 6 months experience in Benefits Center Assistant I job and/or extensive customer service and product experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of daily work
- Knowledge of Unum products, processes and workflow
- Ability to work individually while working towards a team goal
- Strong commitment to goals and is results oriented
- Ability to multi-task, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment handling a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates initiative and is proactive
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate flexibility in adjusting work schedule to meet business needs
- PC literate
- Demonstrated technical knowledge.
- Experience with coding and working capability of systems, including but not limited to: Navilink, BAS, PACE, CME, Agreement, Magic, Polaris, CAPS, Customax, Pallm, BEST, IRIMS
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.