FUNCTION: Working under the directives and goals set forth by the Regional Mortgage Development Manager, each MLO is responsible for the production of mortgage originations within assigned geography. Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Meets assigned mortgage origination sales quotas.
- Develops, maintains and leverages referral source network for mortgage sales that includes, but is not limited to, realtors, builders, financial advisors, CPAs, lawyers and community leaders.
- Business sales calls generally require research, proposal preparation; follow up calls to confirm data, face to face meetings with clients to describe products, obtain financial data, and complete applications, problem resolution, construction contract review, file documentation to support underwriting conditions and ongoing communications with customers.
- Ensures timely delivery of pre-qualification, pre-application and residential mortgage applications.
- Maintains/increases working knowledge of products.
- Identifies prospects / customers for cross sales opportunities and refer to business partners accordingly.
- Maintains strong and effective working relationships with internal Loan Operations and Retail personnel.
- Attends closings outside of Bank for purchase mortgages and other types as needed.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College, Business or Banking professional training helpful.
- Three years or more of mortgage or credit related experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy.
- Ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong communications skills, oral, and written required.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- Frequent travel in designated market area with own vehicle.
- Current driver’s license required.
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.