Job Posting End Date: 06/10
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:Why join our team?
Our team helps our clients’ employees every day by demonstrating empathy in every interaction, making the process simple for our customers, and providing expertise on their leave (don’t worry – we’ll teach you everything you need to know through our robust training and mentorship program!). Our clients trust us to take care of their employees in a time of need (when they are going out on leave) and we take pride in the services we provide – both what we do and how we do it.
Employers providing a more robust leave program is becoming more of the norm in the U.S. Due to this trend, we are seeing incredible growth in our Leave Management/FMLA business. We are investing heavily in our team members, processes, and technology. It is a dynamic and growing organization.
It is a team atmosphere – you are a part of a team and you all work together to support our clients.
We are focused on your development and have a number of career paths and opportunities to support your growth; this role is the first step.
Associate Leave Reps are responsible for understanding the FMLA and state regulations, processing of leaves, review of medical certifications, and ongoing relationship management with employees requesting leaves and their Employer contacts. The leave specialist must exercise a high level of independent judgment and critical thinking in decision making, and be fully versed on the FMLA, applicable state leave laws as well customer specific processing requirements. Partnering with other business areas (Benefits Center, Contact Center, etc.) is also important to the success of the leave management operation. This position remains under the supervision and guidance of a Trainer/Mentor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of new leaves and all daily follow-ups assigned
- Determine eligibility and availability of leave time for each employee requesting leave for FMLA, State, and applicable Corporate protections
- Determine and generate appropriate communications to comply with FMLA regulations and customer procedures
- Review medical certifications and other documentation submitted; consult with Nurse Case Manager and IME unit if needed
- Determine the appropriate status of leave under FMLA and state leave regulations taking into consideration regulatory requirements, company-specific requirements, and analysis of documentation received (medical, legal, etc.)
- Communicate medical or absence information with other internal units (STD, Intake)
- Management of a leave through duration, reporting status to Employer, employee and other internal units
- Respond to leave questions and issues from employees or Employer contacts
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of the Leave Management training program, passing score on the final exam and quality audit and mentor sign-off.
- 4-year degree or similar experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship skills
- Strong business communication skills (telephone, e-mail, written)
- Knowledge of Windows; general keyboard and computer skills (Word, Excel, Access)
- Decision making and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of STD processes and work flows and insurance industry preferred
If any of this sounds exciting to you...
If you have a passion for making a difference and helping people...
If you want to be a part of a growing organization...
If you enjoy working as a part of a team...
If you are looking to develop and grow in your career...
... then reach out to learn more. We’d love to speak to you and tell you more about the opportunities at Unum. We look forward to meeting you!
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.