The MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization is seeking an experienced Customer Service Specialist to join their close-knit team.
The Customer Service Specialist must have high volume call center or customer service experience answering health insurance benefits inquiries and resolving authorization/billing issues. The ideal candidate possesses working knowledge of health insurance plan terms and is adept at learning new computer systems and technology. Behavioral health experience is a plus!
MaineHealth offers amazing benefits and perks!
•Generous Paid Time Off
•Paid Parental Leave for Adoptive and Birth Parents
•Wellness Programs and Onsite Fitness Facility
•Free Public Transit- We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our Commuter Choice program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the greater Portland region.
The Behavioral Healthcare Program Customer Service Specialist responds to customer and provider inquiries primarily through telephone interaction. The Specialist is responsible for providing timely and accurate responses to all BHCP customers in a professional manner. The Specialist works in a fast paced environment with a changing workload.
Main Job Duties:
- Responds to customer service inquiries on all aspects of BHCP operations and contracts.
- Educates customers/providers on benefits, authorization requirements and like issues.
- Utilizes BHCP's computer system for information to resolve customer inquiries and register initial visits.
- Promptly answers, screens and processes behavioral requests with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements and policies and procedures.
- Utilizes services skills, or soft skills to handle calls under unfavorable conditions.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 4 years' of prior customer service experience, ideally in the health care industry.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse settings.
- Ability to manage conflict, stress and multiple simultaneous work demands in an effective, professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to change processes to improve effectiveness efficiency. Adapts to changing organizational priorities.
- Knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Office.