Northern Light Health
Department: Materials Management
Position is located: Bennett St
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.000000 (40 hours per week - exempt)
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
This is an independent, collaborative position responsible for supporting the strategic sourcing and contracting process aimed at reducing clinical and non-clinical non-labor expense. This position reports to Director of Sourcing and Contracting and is responsible for managing assigned contracts and cost-reduction initiatives. This individual will be accountable for partnering with various stakeholders and supporting sourcing initiatives that achieve value, support business strategies and improve performance and quality. The individual will provide leadership to collaborative teams and department representatives engaged in contract sourcing initiatives and the value analysis process. Upon completion of agreements Strategic Sourcing and Contract Manager will work with the Supply Chain Analytics team to verify negotiated compliance to ensure value and service are achieved.
1. Manages and fosters collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and teammates.
2. Punctual and willing to work long hours to meet deadlines.
1. Reviews current and existing contracts to identify contract expirations and coordinate with appropriate stakeholders(s) to determine contract renewal disposition.
2. Research market trends and stakeholder requirements to source, select and partner with vendors
3. Partners with customers and teams to ensure full understanding of customer needs to delivery outstanding customer service
4. Meets deadlines and responds to customers in a timely manner.
5. Serves on and/or lead assigned Value Analysis or other committees to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
1. Prepares, maintains and monitors RFP/RFI process for in accordance with EMHS policy and procedures.
2. Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology.
3. Arranges performance reviews with key suppliers to evaluate supplier performance and develop action plans to resolve issues.
4. Responsible for mitigating contractual risks, ensuring that contracts are written in compliance with applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
5. Utilizes tools (e.g. spend analytics, technology assessment, quote analysis and market insight) to maintain knowledge of market landscape and customer challenges.
6. Adheres to all EMHS policies and procedures, with attention for compliance relating to sourcing and contracting activities
7. Tracks projects using internal tool on a weekly basis and meets project deadlines.
1. Responsible for negotiation, initiation, and composition of supplier agreements and contracts as a fiduciary agent and steward of our healthcare systems’ resources, including effective management of contractual related risks.
2. Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
3. Manages spend by category (Category Management) for commodities used by multiple service lines and provider organizations. Manages total value of goods, service and outcomes.
4. Conducts opportunity assessments to identify savings and/or cost avoidance opportunities Manages supplier relationships, works with Business Analytics staff to analyze supplier-spend data and process metrics to proactively recommend improvements.
5. Meets established KPI’s, to include contract compliance and savings targets
6. Proactively identifies and acts on savings opportunities using the supply chain value analysis process.
1. Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
2. Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
3. Seeks opportunities to develop skills so as to enhance service to assigned customers.
4. Proactively seeks to assist teammates with projects.
5. Supports and embraces change in job and organization.
6. Preceptor to new employees.
Competencies and skills:
* 3+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Experience with MySQL, Oracle, SAP, SQL Server.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Spreadsheet application with the ability to use calculations, formulas, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming.
* Presentation software with the ability to create presentations with the ability to incorporate animation, audio, video, time delays, as well as designing themes and variants with animations and effects.
* Word process application with the ability to create and edit documents, format, use tables, apply footnoting, create table of contents and mail merge techniques.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status