MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Quality Assurance Intern should be someone interested in the Quality Assurance aspect of software development or developing familiarity with Quality Assurance as it pertains the software development life cycle. The intern will take part in the common practices around software testing including manual and automation testing as skill allows. The IT Quality Assurance Intern will work on various projects as needed and be paired with a Quality Assurance Analyst for a given project. Development skills are not required, however, if an intern is interested in exploring automation testing, he/she can get some experience scripting tests, updating scripts, executing tests, and analyzing test results.
- Attends meetings with a Quality Assurance Analyst regarding test project requirements, scope, and schedules.
- Reviews requirement documentation and writes test cases for the requirements.
- Tests case execution using the test management tool and records test results.
- Identifies defects (bugs) and enters them in the test management system with appropriate detail.
- Based on skill level, assists with some scripting or execution of automated tests using VBScript.
- Assists with creation of test status reports and metrics charts using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assists with general documentation as needed.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. We will consider all degree areas if a student is interested in breaking into IT.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Interest in software development, quality assurance or automation testing.
- Must have the ability to report, analyze and communicate test results.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be self-disciplined with the initiative to work independently and know when to ask for help or clarification.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have strong communication skills.