Directs the registration services for all University on campus programs. Provides timely, effective and courteous assistance to students, faculty, administration, and others in the UNE community. Acts as the registration services liaison between the Office of the University Registrar and the CAS, WCHP, CoP, CoD and COM. Serves as the School Certifying Official for undergraduates related to certification of educational benefits for veterans and veteran dependents.
- Coordinates and manages on-campus student registration cycles.
- Manages institutional timeline and process, coordinating processes under the direction of the Associate Registrar.
- Researches and resolves complex records issues.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of all on campus student course registrations.
- Processes specific requests and petitions and other registration detail as determined.
- Monitors, enforces and explains administrative policies and procedures.
- Develops, in line with University policy, process and procedures specific to on campus registration services. Facilitates solutions to problems.
- Performs routine and non-routine records processing duties while maintaining confidentiality.
- Acts as the Lead School Certifying Official (SCO) for the university, responsible to coordinate the activities associated with the veterans educational benefits program which includes:
- staying current on federal regulations
- maintaining compliance for audits
- maintaining website as appropriate
- communicating as appropriate with other SCOs on the team.
- specifically manage the certification of educational benefits for undergraduates.
- Communicates the specific needs of the on campus programs to the Associate Registrar. Participates in and/or provides cross-training for other staff in areas of individual expertise.
- Effectively communicates with students, faculty and staff of various University offices to exchange information, identify problems and assists in resolving problems;
- Supervises registration services employees and work-study positions when required to ensure the smooth operation of the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required with at least three years of experience working in records management and registration, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Expertise in the registration of students in on-campus programs.
- Experience with veterans educational benefits management preferred. Previous experience as a School Certifying Official (SCO) a plus.
- Ability to analyze, plan, prioritize, organize, and complete tasks on a timeline while tending to daily customer service duties.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability in order to make independent decisions and judgment consistent with the level of the position.
- Ability to communicate and interact collaboratively and proactively with a variety of individuals, including students, faculty, administrators, parents and representatives of outside organizations in order to provide courteous and effective service and to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated accuracy when working with details and data entry.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use advanced techniques in spreadsheet, database and / or presentation software.
- Willingness and ability to be cross-trained in a variety of skills and functions and take part in the overall mission on enrollment services.