Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a position that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact thousands of youth each year? Look no further.
Junior Achievement of Maine is hiring a full-time, Operations Manager to oversee office operations. The ideal candidate oversees general project management of the organzation, JA USA reporting, policies & procedures, benefits, insurance, data management, reporting, grant proposals and reporting, customer service functions, general administrative functions, and general project management of the organization. This role is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do every day.
- Project Management: Analyze and arrange priority of workload of teams to effectively complete tasks and special projects on or before appointed deadlines.
- Provide support and secure outside resources, when necessary, while keeping strategic partnerships in the forefront for both Development and Education.
- Maintain all inventory for organization including working with each team to maintain satisfactory levels of products to fulfill goals.
- Manage Board Meetings- including calendar, agenda, logistics and tasks.
- Oversee Board Terms/Board Matrix and assist with recruitment and board trainings.
- Oversee all Board Committees and ensure goals are being met for the Strategic Plan. Ensure appropriate staff are present who need to carry out specific functions to meet goals.
- Attend Junior Achievement events and meetings, including hours beyond the traditional workday.
- Maintain JA USA Operating Agreement, Compliance and Documents for JA Maine, including By-Laws
- Oversee Policies and Procedures for all departments.
- Facilitate or assist with employee onboarding and trainings.
- Site contact for JAUSA website and IT training and compliance.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and operational plans for JA Maine.
- Coordinate review of staff policies and procedures.
- Manage event logistics to include contracts, reservations, and communications with appropriate staff
- Oversee program evaluation data using Survey Monkey, PAS, etc. and compile results for team, Board and stakeholders.
- Assist with grant reporting
- Other projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration. Three – five years general business experience with demonstrated supervisory abilities.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Personal qualities: Integrity, compassion, mission-oriented, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and a strong ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Competitive benefits package offered including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Annual Simple IRA plan.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Michelle Anderson, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.