Our client, an international manufacturer, is seeking an Financial Analyst/Assistant Plant Controller in a US based plant.
This role will be responsible for financial processes for US based manufacturing plant. Assists Plant Controller to close books on a monthly basis, analyze actual results, prepare business forecasts and long-term financial plans, analyze and seek approval for capital investments, work with plant personnel to identify and quantify cost reduction opportunities, maintain plant cost accounting systems, support tax and insurance filings, maintain internal control systems and compliance to Sarbanes Oxley requirements, ensure compliance to US GAAP and Corporate Accounting Policies, and participate as a leader in setting and managing the direction of the plant.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ensures entity compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures.
- Assists Controller with the monthly financial closing, reporting and forecasting. Responsible for process preparation including posting of vouchers and accuracy of the general ledger.
- Ensures that required reporting is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provides ad-hoc financial analysis for plant controller and staff.
- Assists Controller with the financial portion of the budget and five-year planning process for the Division.
- Assists controller with monitoring and reports division financial performance to division and plant management. Highlights variances requiring corrective action.
- Monitors spending and works with department managers to control costs. Researches and provides detail on expense variances.
- Drives finance process improvement.
- Provides financial analysis related to capital projects, cost reductions, and other initiatives as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree (4 years) in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ years relevant experience; preferably manufacturing/cost accounting experience with a combination public accounting and/or U.S. multinational corporation
- Strong computer skills (Advanced Excel, Access)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and link to business implications
- Good analytical skills, presentation skills and problem- solving capability
- Working experience with Khalix, preferred
- Working experience with PeopleSoft, preferred
- Soft Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with North American finance team and business customers/suppliers at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work proactively and independently in a fast- changing environment
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
This position is open due to promotion. Excellent opportunity to join a great team!
Salary will depend on experience. Full benefits included.
Candidates meeting our client’s requirements will be contacted directly all other applicants will be considered for future opportunities. We do not share resumes with client companies without applicant consent.
Pro Search is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran or handicapped status