Desktop and Classroom Support Technician
Full-time, Regular, Exempt Position
The University of Maine School of Law is accepting applications to hire a Desktop and Classroom Support Technician. The purpose of the Desktop and Classroom Support Technician is to provide general desktop computing support for University owned devices, as well as provide direct support for live and urgent classroom issues that utilize course capture and multimedia technologies. This position will provide support to the University of Maine School of Law and other members of the Graduate and Professional Center located in Portland, Maine.
Based on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant, the annual salary range is high $40's plus a 10% employer contribution to the UMS retirement plan. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver programs for employees and dependents. The UMS is a recipient of the Wellness Councils of America’s Well Workplace Award and offers a wellness program.
Review of applications begins immediately. For full consideration, materials must be submitted by November 30, 2022. The position will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired.
University of Maine School of Law:
The University of Maine School of Law is the state’s public and only law school, a vital resource serving our local, regional, national, and global community. Maine Law is an institutional public servant committed to providing an accessible and affordable student-focused program of legal education and achieving the highest standards of ethical behavior. Our rigorous doctrinal and experiential curriculum, influential scholarship, and signature programming prepare students to practice law, promote respect for the rule of law, and advance justice for all members of society.
For information about the University of Maine System's COVID-19 response and guidelines for employees, please visit https://www.maine.edu/together/.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, or closely related technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer and mobile device operating systems, software applications, and hardware platforms.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of course capture and presentation systems, projectors, smart boards, and audiovisual systems.
- Collaborative and effective communicator who possesses a strong customer service orientation and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse population like faculty, staff, students, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective technical solutions for a diverse community within a changing environment, and the ability to communicate software and presentation technologies to all levels of users.
- Must function cooperatively and productively as a member of a unit; work independently with minimal supervision; possess demonstrated ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies; maintain currency with technical changes; and possess organizational and prioritization skills.
- Valid driver’s license for travel, both in-town and to other UMS locations as needed.
- Interest and/or experience in media services' event support.
- Four years related, specialized post-high school education in a related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory, leadership, or project management experience.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
The University of Maine System is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Office of Equal Opportunity, University of Maine, Room 101 Boudreau Hall, Orono, ME 04469, 207-581-1226. TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).