Reports To: Chief Business Officer
Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
If you are energized by startup culture and finding technology solutions for industrial companies, don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast-growing B2B software company making an impact in a large global market right here in Portland, Maine.
As an Application Engineer at HighByte, you will be engaged in all phases of the sales and customer success lifecycle required to support our customers, develop our ecosystem, and grow our business. Your day-to-day work will include performing demos and speaking with prospects from global manufacturing and industrial companies, replying to customers' technical questions about product usage, training customers, investigating partner solutions, and gathering and analyzing product requirements. You will also assist with the necessary technical requirements, documentation, and testing required to build and support HighByte Intelligence Hub.
- Demonstrate HighByte Intelligence Hub to prospects and explain the technical aspects of the solution
- Remotely support and train customers as they deploy the software
- Identify customer needs and capture detailed requirements to qualify and drive sales engagements
- Review and contribute to the creation of technical content including user docs, data sheets, white papers, and videos
- Attend trade shows and conferences demonstrating HighByte Intelligence Hub
- Research partner products to evaluate and define the best integration points
- Assemble customer use cases and product feature requests to feed this information back to Engineering
- Collaborate with the HighByte team and support team members as needed
- Validate new software releases meet customer needs
- Technical understanding of industrial automation
- Curiosity and desire to learn and understand new technical concepts, technologies, and customer environments
- Confidence to explain and present technical concepts and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience programming software, supporting software, or implementing software preferably in an industrial environment
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time (once travel safely resumes).
HighByte is an industrial software development company in Portland, Maine building solutions that address the data architecture and integration challenges created by Industry 4.0. We’ve developed the first DataOps solution purpose-built to meet the unique requirements of industrial assets, products, processes, and systems at the Edge. Learn more at https://highbyte.com.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of every responsibility associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, HighByte reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.