Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. The Compliance Specialist II provides HIPAA privacy and security and health care compliance assistance across the organization. The Compliance Specialist II will function as a case reporter and investigator of incidents and potential privacy violations. This position works with the C&LA team to maintain the compliance program across the organization.
- Subject matter knowledge – Possesses a working knowledge of HIPAA and health care related privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Investigations--Investigates allegations received via incident reporting and conducts outreach calls to applicable parties (employees, enrollees, providers, etc.) to obtain additional information and/or provide resolution. Conducts root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvements and work with cross-functional teams as applicable to implement.
- Assists Compliance & Legal team in writing and implementing policies and compliance documents.
- Supports internal and external audits.
- Complete and maintain documentation of complaint investigations by source, root cause and resolution.
- Attends education and training sessions to establish and maintain professional competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and work experience in relevant field accepted.
- Delivery System and/or Health Plan experience involving HIPAA and privacy preferred.
- 4+ years of significant work experience with demonstrable outcomes of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required. Must be able to write and present highly complex regulatory information in a professional, clear, concise manner and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships of trust and respect with staff at all levels throughout the company as well as external customers.
- Microsoft Office Applications (e.g., Access, Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Visio) experience and proficiency.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to independently and effectively research inquiries from employees, enrollees, patients, and/or regulatory entities.
- Exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain exceptional relationships of trust with Martin’s Point business partners and various regulatory entities.
- Ability to interpret and support company policies and procedures.
- Strategic thinking and planning, process development and performance measurement skills.
- Maintains high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Approaches challenges in a solution-oriented manner.
- Takes the initiative to educate self about new requirements and guidance.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely fashion with limited supervision.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org