Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting, relationships, other relationships:
This highly technical position has responsibility for evaluating, analyzing and generating transactions of a specialized nature requiring knowledge of financial relationships and accounting principles and practices, with special focus on those required by, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the state regulatory commissions.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
· Researches, evaluates, analyzes, and provides timely guidance on GAAP accounting practices, including an analysis of implications of GAAP accounting releases and communicate accounting developments to management.
· Lead the accounting process to ensure Networks accounting for the regulated utility companies is in compliance with GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
· Utilizes advanced accounting skills in the preparation, of the required GAAP annual and quarterly filings as well as quarterly information provided to AVANGRID as part of the SEC 10Q filing.
· Utilizes advanced reasoning skills to determine relevant or significant facts from irrelevant or insignificant facts, in designing, implementing, executing and monitoring control mechanisms designed to ensure that specified accounting conventions are executed in conformance with management designs.
· Provides technical direction to other Accounting staff members.
· Develops and designs internal managerial activity reports, fluctuation reports, and operates in a state of readiness for any quarterly and annual audits.
· Assists the utility operating companies in responding to data requests, preparing regulatory filings, including tariff filings as necessary.
· Assists Manager – Networks Financial Reporting as needed regarding various issues.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Able to lead a group of two or more individuals.
· Advanced knowledge of applications and mainframe accounting systems is required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of a particular accounting field.
· Detailed knowledge of GAAP Accounting requirements and utility industry practices.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables