The Software User Experience Intern will experience the day-to-day development practices of a high-tech software company. This person will be a valuable resource and will help define the vision of Tyler software products by following a user centered design process. This includes conducting user interviews, usability studies, sketching and creating interactive prototypes during an iterative design cycle. To ensure that this is a well-rounded, real-world experience, the intern will receive guidance from a Product Manager, participate in team meetings, and work on actual projects in the live software.
- Contribute to designing the behavior and interfaces for Tyler’s ERP software solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and the User Experience (UX) team.
- Help define user scenarios and requirements based on research and provided specifications.
- Sketch and create interactive prototypes to explore alternate solutions.
- Contribute to the usability testing cycle.
- Assist in user research activities such as persona and mental model development.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, New Media, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of User Centered Design, including user research and usability testing techniques.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively.