The Director, Manufacturing Partnerships is responsible for providing leadership and developing the market strategy and commercial execution of growth initiatives and project opportunities with key manufacturing and industry partners. The Director is responsible for developing Partnerships, implementing sales growth efforts with Partners, and managing Partners to meet mutually agreed upon goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluation of existing Manufacturing Partnerships and identification of new relationships consistent with overall Company strategy.
- Work closely across marketing, sales and executive team to ensure desired commercial partnership goals are met.
- Establish and maintain a formal process for tracking existing and future business relationships including structure, terms, milestones, economics, and renewal dates of Partnerships and set expectations with VFC and each Partner.
- Work closely with VFC sales and customer support teams to drive Partner engagement.
- Monitor Partners’ performance to objectives and provide guidance and coaching as necessary.
- Create awareness for VFC’s solutions among Partners and assist in positioning VFC’s products as solutions of choice.
- Maintain knowledge in product, marketplace, and current business issues, and disseminate appropriate knowledge to Partners and Exec Team.
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with key individuals as Partners and act as primary point of contact to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of Partners’ business (pain points, investment areas, profitability factors, etc.)
- Sales and / or business development FTEs
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related industry (Biology, Animal Science, Marketing, etc.)
- 10+ years product marketing and commercial sales experience. Veterinary industry preferred.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Product development and product management experience in the veterinary or animal health industry.
- Proven experience in product planning and product delivery with ability to develop key strategies and execute.
- P&L management
- Strong business networking and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to meet targeted goals; strong organizational skills; attentive to detail.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Must be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be eager to success in a competitive, results-oriented environment.
- Experience selling horizontal and vertical solutions with strategic partners.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet-friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.
- Business travel up to 50% of the time may be required.