MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Application Development Intern should be someone interested in software development in the business environment. The intern will work together with other software developers on various projects and tasks. Along the way, the IT Application Development Intern will have exposure to all parts of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) such as gathering requirements, development, quality assurance testing, and deployment. In the process, the intern will have the opportunity to understand real-world problems, work within typical business processes, and see the solutions come to fruition.
- Attends meetings with developers on topics including project management, requirements gathering, problem solving and defect resolution.
- Reviews, updates, and improves software documentation such as system design diagrams, solution statements, and other technical reference.
- Based on skill level, the intern may contribute to code with resolution of bugs/defects and security vulnerabilities, and/or smaller individual projects.
- Participates in the deployment process including deployment packaging, change control, installation, and validation.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Information Technology majors preferred
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Familiarity with software programming in a Microsoft-centric environment, ideally with .NET Framework and ASP.NET.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts such as queries and stored procedures.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git or TFS.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work with a team on problems and tasks.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law