Dead River Company meets the diverse energy needs of customers throughout Northern New England with over 1,000 employees and a commitment to our core values of integrity, caring and excellence. We currently have full time Summer Internship opportunities in our Manager Trainee Intern Program. This internship is designed for third year college students entering their fourth year of college with an expected graduation in the Spring of 2020.
The program offers specialized training designed to help you apply the skills you’ve learned in the classroom with a strong, growing, and innovative company. The experience is ideal for students with a demonstrated interest in a business, logistics, retailing, and/or energy career path. Chosen candidates will work with experienced leaders in Dead River Company field operations who are responsible for successfully meeting our customer’s needs by supplying energy products and services in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Successful completion of this internship could lead to full-time employment for interested Interns who are able to meet our standards and seek to grow with our Company.
Our Internships are paid temporary positions; starting in early June and ending in mid-August. We expect a minimum 10 week commitment for qualified candidates and anticipate further opportunities in Dead River’s Management Trainee program will be open to those successfully completing this Summer Internship. Opportunities are currently available in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
We’re looking for the following:
Current college students graduating no later than May/June 2020
- Business and Logistics Majors preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience is a plus
- A minimum 10 week commitment starting in June and concluding in August
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- The ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A detail orientation with strong organizational skills
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and ability to travel to multiple locations
- A focus on Safety!
Dead River Company offers a competitive hourly pay rate. If you have interest in joining a company with a long history of stability and growth, please apply today!
This position participates in the Management Training Program of Dead River Company in preparation for future management opportunities within the company.
Spends time with the Delivery Center Manager, Delivery Driver Manager, Admin Service Manager and Office Manager in order to attain a complete understanding of all operations and processes.
- Gains a thorough understanding of all company policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to Dead River Company. Attains a working knowledge of all computer systems involved with customer accounts, inventory, service billing, and delivery.
- Assists the Department Manager with special projects and may also be involved in other areas outside of their department such as budgeting, financial statement review and analysis, building and fleet maintenance, customer service issues, and marketing.
- Takes part in company sponsored management training programs. Assists with special projects and other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. This position deals frequently with customers, department heads, and employees at all levels.
Education: Previous management experience is preferred.
Equipment and Tools Used: Basic office and computer related equipment as well as equipment relating to the field in which the Manager Trainee is participating in.
Decisions Made: The Manager Trainee consults with the supervisor on major decisions.
Safety Considerations: This position gains a thorough understanding of all safety related considerations for the department and the organization as a whole.
Other Attributes Required:
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- High Initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Desire and ability to lead and motivate others
- Follow-up on Commitments (Integrity)
Work Environment: Significant time is spent in an office setting with controlled temperatures. Time is also spent outside the office in various settings including all weather conditions and temperatures.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone
Weight or Force Moved: There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 25 pounds.